24 November 2007

Flex Functional Testing with Ruby

I have been playing with Flex the last few days, creating an application to screen scrape audio equipment sales sites on a periodic basis and send me email when a component I am looking for is posted. Currently, I am a little hung up trying to use WebORB interface between Flex 3 Beta 2 and Ruby on Rails. The examples appear to all be written for Flex 2. So far, I have found some references that make it sound doable, but I am not quite there yet.

In the meantime, I ran across FunFX, a Ruby library for functional testing of Flex applications. This is very exciting to me since, until now, I was only aware of Mercury (oops, HP) QuickTest Pro as a testing option for Flex. To be able to test Flex apps with code very similar to the Watir tests I write now is very exciting. I have not fired it up yet, but as soon as I have some experience with it, I'll report back.

No comments: